I never thought that giving up paddies would ever be one of my son's milestone. So I'm relieved to say Aiden is off the paddies!
Normal kids are attached to either pacifier's, blankies, or stuffed animals. Not Aiden. For the past 4 years of his life he has been attached to breast pads (paddies). Yes, Breast Pads! It all started when I nursed him as a baby. He loved to grab my breast pad and smell it. I guess the smell of sour milk smells good to him. From then on every tantrum, cry, or nightmare, his paddie was there to sooth him.
All those middle of the night searching for Aiden's paddie (especially with white sheets) and buying new boxes of pads every month even when I wasn't nursing is OVER! I'm now saving extra money and getting a lot more sleep! When he's older I'll have evidence to embarrass him with his future girlfriends!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Another Milestone
Getting him to get rid of all his paddies was actually easier than I thought. It happened over memorial weekend. His cousin Kayla was in town so he pretty much spent the whole weekend with her playing and having sleep overs. I wasn't about to go home and get some paddies for him so he had to go to sleep with out any paddies. Kawai said he did great without them so when he got home we threw all his paddies away. Thankyou Kayla and aunty Kawai!
Posted by
kaahu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the milestone! I must say though....this post gave me a great laugh! Paddies?? Who'd have thought?? What a great picture you have for evidence! haha
XOXO
Post a Comment