Friday, August 13, 2010

White Coat Ceremony

Brady just finished his first semester of PA school! Yesterday he received his white coat.
The white coat ceremony is a "rite of passage" for students beginning the study of medicine that encourages a psychological contract for professionalism and empathy in the practice of medicine. The white coat is a cloak of compassion.
Brady is doing great in school. It is definitely not easy but he's passing his tests and learning a lot. The kids and I are surviving. It's like I'm a single parent when Brady is gone all day and night but I'm pretty much use to that, it's just getting use to having 3 kids. We are mostly home all day which hasn't bothered the boys at all. They are best friends so they play together all day in the house or outside riding their bikes. It's funny the other day we went to our ward play group so the boys could play with some friends and the whole time Aiden and Kalani just played together, excluded themselves from the other kids. Loners! I'm just glad they have each other to play with. It makes it easier for me to take care of Ahu.
It's going by so fast! Before we know it Brady will be in clinical rotations.
We are enjoying it here. The ward and people here are very welcoming. We live in a great neighborhood. Aiden is excited to start school and I'm glad it's so close it's practically behind our back yard.
Brady has this next week off of school then he starts back up for fall semester so we are going to be tourists and explore Oregon.


Go daddy! We are so proud of you!



Class of 2012

2 comments:

Stefanie Bell said...

How cute is that family picture of all you!!! I love it! Ahu is getting so big!! Congrats Brady tha is so awesome, we are so proud of you!

Melissa :) said...

I have to say that I got a little teary eyed when I saw those pictures. My little brother is really growing up! That is amazing:) Way to go